“TIGA are delighted by the news of an inquiry. Scotland is a fantastic producer of video games and plays an important role in the success of the industry across the UK. The fact that the Committee has chosen to examine the computer and video games sector demonstrates the industry’s significance and its importance to the future growth of the Scottish economy. TIGA look forward to submitting written evidence to the inquiry, and we would welcome to opportunity to provide oral evidence.”The Committee, chaired by Ian Davidson MP, and made up of MPs from all major parties, has agreed to examine:
- The contribution made by the Scottish video games industry to both the Scottish and UK economy.
- What consultation was held by the UK Government with the industry before the decision was made to abolish a Game Tax Relief
- The level of tax breaks or incentives offered in competitor countries
- What potential impact the decision to abolish Games Tax Relief will make on the video games industry in Scotland
- Alternative financial incentives for the industry