Excited? Don't believe it... time will tell.
- MCV rumoured last week that Sony “could” announce PSP2 at E3.
- VG247 goes digging. According to a source familiar with the matter, it’s “99 percent” it isn’t an E3 reveal.
- But there’s much, much more.
- Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
- PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
- It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
- UK sources were previously working towards a “2010″ release. This is now “2011″.
- One source would be “amazed” if there was any kind of physical media involved. We’ve been told it “could” be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
- Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
- There have been “finished units” in the UK, but we haven’t spoken to anyone that’s seen a final case.
- When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, “If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it’s a 2011 release, I’d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year”.
- One source told us the machine is “fucking powerful,” being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
VG247 is fuelling the rumour mill on Sony's potential PSP 2 in the works with a crapload of information they claim is 99% reliable, here's what they say: